Many people today call themselves “Christians”. Mega churches around the globe attract millions of people every week with their hyped music and vain promises of wealth and prosperity. This new move has deleted the need for repentance and replaced it with an inclusive salvation message of the mind. But the truth is, Christians are not defined by what they think, but rather, by what they believe in their heart!
What are Christians?
Christians are people who recognize that they are sinners in need of a savior and who accept the salvation given by Jesus at the cross. They repent for their sins; in other words, they believe that Jesus has the power through His shed blood to cleanse their heart and remove the sins from it, and then replace the old nature with the Spirit of God.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.—Romans 3:23
- I tell you, ‘Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish’.—Luke 13:5
- Then Peter said unto them, ‘Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost’.—Romans 2:38
- Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.—Luke 15:10
Christians live for God and obey His laws. They set out to serve Him with their God-given talents and to share His love and grace with others. They carry on the commission of Jesus and preach the gospel to get others saved. They don’t all become preachers, but they all share the gospel through their words and actions and bring others to the knowledge of Christ.
- And He [Jesus] said unto them, ‘Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature’.—Mark 16:15
- How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!—Romans 10:15
- Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.—James 5:20
Beware of False Christians
The new age religion calls itself “Christianity”, but is really a false gospel. It appeases the lusts of the flesh—and all in the name of Jesus. It encourages people to follow man instead of Christ. And it deceives them into believing that the name of Jesus is the key to physical blessings, while emotions are the basis for their worship. Their material desires rob them of true salvation and of the need to worship and obey God alone.
- Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.—Matthew 7:15
- For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.—Matthew 24:24
- Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.—1 John 4:1
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.—2 Peter 2:1-3
This new doctrine of “Christianity” doesn’t teach people to read their Bibles so they can know the truth, and so many have become lethargic followers of great deceivers because they are led by their own lusts into foolishness. They prefer to let someone else interpret the scriptures for them and have no desire to know the truth themselves.
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.—2 Timothy 4:3-4
Christians are followers of Christ who bear the fruits of the Spirit and have the law of God written on their hearts—(Romans 2:15). In other words, they obey the laws of God as they are required to do because they want to please God. And because of this, their lives are testimonies of the Great Commandment that Jesus gave to each of us:
- And Jesus answered him, ‘The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these’.—Mark 12:29-31
Christians live and love with the same passion that Christ lived and died for us. When the Spirit of God is in our heart, our thoughts and actions reflect the Lord’s and everything we do and say is to His glory. Anything else is a lie. Many are deceived through ignorance! But the good news is that God will forgive all those who have fallen into deception. He loves everyone and He died for everyone, but only those who repent, turn from the world and follow Him will be saved and live with Him in glory throughout eternity.
- Then said Jesus unto his disciples, ‘If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me’.—Matthew 16:24
- This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man [Jesus] lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.—John 15:12-14
Real Christians follow Jesus and not the world, and they study the Bible so they can know God—(2 Timothy 2:15). They confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to earth, died on the cross for their sins and then rose again on the third day, and they wait with excitement for His return as their King. It’s not what they think that makes them a child of God; it’s what is in their heart.
- And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.—Revelation 22:12
- Even so, come, Lord Jesus.—Revelation 22:20
*If this message has blessed you, please subscribe to my blog and have each new post delivered directly into your personal inbox. And please feel free to share this message, as well. Meanwhile, enjoy your day.