Many “Christians” have drifted so far from God that they “cherry pick” through the scriptures and accept only the ones they like and ignore the rest. In their eyes this is okay because, after all, they still believe some of it so that keeps them in a safety zone, right? Wrong! The Bible is all or nothing! It’s either God’s written word or it’s not. Just like life itself, you’re either dead or you’re alive—there is nothing in between. And those who choose to cherry pick through the scriptures will one day choke on the pits.
There is a new age doctrine spreading like fire that says the Bible is not inerrant — [and according to Webster’s Dictionary, inerrancy means “exempt from error; infallible”]. This false doctrine says that the Bible contains many errors and that’s because it’s written by men and not by God. It professes that scriptures are not an essential part of a believer’s life because it’s unreliable—not all true—and that believers should be led by the spirit that’s in their heart and not dependent on a book. So, if this is right, then what makes them think that the part in the Bible about the salvation of Jesus is real? What makes them think they’re even saved?
The original Holy Scriptures were inspired by God and written by devoted men who prayed and wrote under the guidance and anointing of the Holy Spirit. This is why the entire collection of scriptures that we call the Bible is totally of God and not of men.
- “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”—2 Timothy 3:16
But to be fair, we need to separate the kinds of Bibles because there are some that have been changed to suit modern-day religion—and these ARE filled with errors. We need to find a Bible that is a true translation and replicates the original manuscripts such as the King James Version [KJV] or the New King James Version [NKJV]. Yes, there may be a typo here or there, or a punctuation blip, but for the most part these Bibles are as closely translated from the original scriptures as they can be.
Not all Bibles are equal. There are some Bibles out there that cater specifically to false doctrine and these include the Jehovah Witness Bible, the Mormon Bible and the Catholic Bible. Most Christians know to avoid them because they know that they are not authentic translations of the original scriptures, and they know that the merits of these books are in line with the false doctrines being taught.
The most deceiving of Bibles are “Christian” Bibles that are promoted as authentic and are read by many pastors in the pulpits, but have been discreetly changed to suit the modern-day believer. This kind of Bible is not a “translation” of the original scriptures, but rather, it’s an “interpretation” of the scriptures. The danger is that man is interpreting what he thinks it means—or what he WANTS it to mean—and not what God instructed the original authors to write. God has not changed and neither has His scriptures changed.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.—Hebrews 13:8
The first scribes spent their lives translating the scriptures and writing the manuscripts, and they did this prayerfully and fearfully as they would not allow one word to be misinterpreted or misquoted. They gave their lives to protect the scriptures. However, modern day scribes don’t have that dedication, especially when they don’t transcribe the entire truth. Two such Bibles are the New International Version [NIV} and the English Standard Version [ESV], both of which contain multiple errors, changes and omissions. Click here for more detail. So we really do need to know that the Bible we study is a real translation of the original scriptures given by God and not man’s interpretation. It’s also good to have a Strong’s Concordance and Bible dictionary for reference when we are studying the Bible because it gives us the meanings of the original text, word by word.
With these newer interpretation-Bibles being filled with errors and omissions, we can see why the new age religion says that the Bible is not consistent and that it’s loaded with errors. They just don’t have the Godly insight to realize that these “modified” versions are NOT the Holy Bible! They are too willing to compromise the truth to suit their own sinful lifestyles and so foolishly claim that all Bibles are wrong.
The Holy Bible is a collection of all the scriptures that God gave to trusted men to write out for our benefit. The history of the Jewish people and of the church is clearly set out on its pages, and the return of Christ is prominently presented to us in both the Old and the New Testaments. We need to know these things if we are going to know God and know what His plan is for us.
- But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.—2 Timothy 3:14-15
Nothing new is being given out by God. He accomplished it all at the cross when He said, “It is finished”.—John 19:30. There is nothing more for Him to do except to return to earth and fight His final battle against the devil. He shared His thoughts and His plans with His disciples who became His apostles. And the message they preached was what Jesus told them to preach, and it’s the same message that’s in the Bible and that we are to be preaching today. We are NOT allowed to modify it or change it in any way!
- But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me [Paul] is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.—Galatians 1:11-12
- Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.—Matthew 7:15
- But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.—Galatians 1:8-9
The Holy Bible is truly inerrant, without error. But it requires us to study it and to believe it and that is just too much commitment for some people because it also means change; it means coming away from their sinful lifestyle that they are comfortable in. And it’s easier to serve a god that they make in their mind and say it’s the God of Heaven, than it is to have to repent of their sins, accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, and follow Him. They foolishly feel that what they’re doing is good enough. Sadly, Cain felt that way, too, and look what happened to him? God refused his offering because it wasn’t what God had asked for; it was what Cain felt was good enough.
- And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.—Genesis 4:4-7
We can’t let convenience or pride or a sinful lifestyle keep us from knowing the truth. Contrary to false teaching, the life we have on this earth is the only time we’ll have to accept Jesus’ forgiveness for our sins. We don’t get to decide when we stand before the Great White Throne. The Bible tells us in Romans 14:11 that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is God, and every one of those people who chose to believe a false doctrine—who never accepted Christ as their Savior—will certainly know it’s Him when they stand before Him. But it will be too late to say sorry then.
We need to use wisdom now and follow God, not people, and the best way to know God is get a copy of the real Holy Bible and study it!
- But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.—2 Peter 2:1
We must accept the Bible as God’s word for us now and turn from our sin and follow Him now because to pick what verses we’ll accept and believe will keep us in our sin and away from God. And Judgment Day will come for everyone whose sin is still in them, who have not accepted Christ’s salvation and whose name is not written down in the Book of Life. Those who choose to cherry pick the scriptures will, sadly, choke on those pits one day.
Will He find your name written in that Book?
- Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.—2 Peter 1:2-4