The New Age religion wants us to believe that God is all love and that He doesn’t hate anything or anyone. It wants us to accept that He forgave the sins of every person ever born when He died on the cross, and that repentance is a religious works and not a submission of the heart. It wants us to think that God loves everyone for who they are and that they don’t have to change a thing to get into Heaven. What a lie! Yes, God loves us, but the Bible says clearly that there are seven things God hates!
Proverbs 6:16-19 says:
These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
- A proud look
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked plans
- Feet that are swift in running to evil
- A false witness who speaks lies
- And one who sows discord among brethren.
We were all guilty of these sins before we knew the Lord, yet, there are so-called Christians among us who still engage in them. We need to study and pray every day so that we know we are serving the Lord with a pure heart, and we need to separate ourselves from those who claim to be Christians, yet continue to live in sin.
A proud look: The opposite of pride is humility, and God tells us to humble ourselves before Him and to treat our brethren with love so we can have peace among us in spite of our differences.—Ephesians 4:1-3. Pride is the evidence of what is most dear to the heart and it’s reflected in our appearance and in our attitude. It promotes a self-appointed god, and Exodus 20:3 says that we should have no gods before the God of Heaven.
- Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.—James 4:10
A lying tongue: God hates lies and He hates liars. We are not only told in the Ten Commandments that lying is a sin, but Jesus clearly tells us in the New Testament that people who lie are still under the influence of this world’s god, the devil. We cannot belong to God and to the devil. If we belong to God then we cannot lie because His Holy Spirit in us will convict us before we get the lie out. And for new or weak Christians, the second they do lie they will be convicted and will immediately repent.
- You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.—John 8:44
Hands that shed innocent blood: God told us in the Ten Commandments that we are not to kill. Every life to Him is precious and no one has the right to take a life except Him. And yet, thousands of people are being murdered every day—and most of these murders are legal. They are called “abortions” and the innocent babies are referred to as “fetus”, but the cries of these innocent souls rise up to Heaven every day. God has not changed. He has always hated murder beginning with the very first one committed by Cain, and He has not changed His view or His judgment for this unspeakable sin.
- Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.—Galatians 5:21
A heart that devices wicked plans: We see wicked plans in the acts of terrorism around us and we’re appalled, but it’s also there in the business world, in government offices and in personal lives. When we become a Christian, our old self dies with all of its wickedness and we become born again with God’s Spirit. There is no sin in our heart and therefore, we no longer have the yearning to entertain it or to execute it. Our heart is to love and serve God, to love our brethren, and to show Jesus to the world. The only plans we have are ones that bring glory to God.
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in His way.—Psalm 37:23
Feet that are swift in running to evil: When we become a Christian our thoughts and values change and we lose the desire to hang out with our old friends who are still part of the sinful world. We may remain friends for a while, but we won’t want to go to the places or do the things that we once craved for. Christ has put new desires in our heart because we love Him, and we’ll see the wrong in the places where we used to go. We only want to go to places that please the Lord. Now our feet are blessed and they go where Christ leads us and where He will be glorified.
- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.—Ephesians 6:14-15
A false witness who speaks lies: God says in Exodus 20:16 that we are not to bear false witness against our neighbor, and in Exodus 23:1 He says that we are not to raise a false report against anyone. In Deuteronomy 19 He says that anyone who gives a false witness is to be put out from among the people. And yet, many people feel justified to give false witness in the courtroom and in the work place, and it’s even done by children in the classroom. They choose to support a friend rather than obey God. And God hates this!
- A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.—Proverbs 19:5
And one who sows discord among the brethren: Just as Jesus said would happen, the leaders of many of our churches are now serving people under the guise of Christianity instead of following Him. Some support the perversion of homosexuality, and others are employing female pastors contrary to what God said in 1 Timothy 2:11-14. And there are false preachers who promote false doctrines rather than the gospel of Jesus. These acts of disobedience are causing discord and division in the church body and it’s all being done in the name of Jesus. God hates those who do this!
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.—2 Peter 2:1
God is the epitome of love as He showed us so clearly on the cross. Yet, He also has a hate for sin and has promised that one day He will cast it into the Lake of Fire to burn forever. We need to study the scriptures and learn what things please God and what things He hates. As disciples of Christ, we need to know the truth, live the truth and represent the truth in everything we do!
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.—Psalm 19:14
If this message has blessed you then please check the “like” button and feel free to share it. And be sure to subscribe to this blog so you can receive each new message directly into your in box. Meanwhile, have a blessed day!