Sometimes it’s difficult to tell on face value who is a Christian—a true believer in Christ—and who just professes to be one. Those who we conclude are false become the center of our critical attention as we slowly find fault in all they do and judge them for their lack of spiritual integrity. However, it’s not the others that we need to worry about because in time, God will judge them for their heart and actions. The only one that any of us needs to be concerned with is “me”. Do I really know Jesus and is He my reason for living or do I just do the right things that make me look good? Am I a real Christian or do I just think I am?
If we aren’t sure, then we need to get it right fast! Here are ten values that will help us know the truth so we can be who Jesus has called us to be.
(1) I know that I was a sinner in need of a Savior, and I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior because He is God’s Son who came to earth to die on the cross for my sins. God’s Holy Spirit lives in me and I am a new creature in Christ, and I feel His presence in me.
- For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.—Romans 10:10
(2) My heart craves to know God and to understand His ways. I read my Bible and spend time in prayer with God so that I can know Him.
- But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.—Matthew 6:33
(3) I love to spend time in worship and sing praises to God because He is worthy to be praised.
- I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples, And I will sing praises to You among the nations.—Psalm 108:3
(4) I am not ashamed of Jesus. I tell people about Him, give Him thanks publicly for my daily blessings and love to bow my head and give God thanks for my meal in a public restaurant.
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.—Romans 1:16
(5) I don’t judge people because I was once a sinner, and when I became a new believer it took me time to get my priorities, my mind and my heart lined up with God’s will. He was patient and loving towards me, so I will do the same towards others and not judge them for their faults.
- Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.—Matthew 7:1-2
(6) I will love other Christians in spite of how they treat me because Jesus died for them and they have accepted His salvation, which makes us family. Therefore, I will pray for them and help them and let God’s love flow through me towards them.
- If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.—1 John 4:20-21
(7) I will help those in need with the same heart as if I was doing it for Jesus. God’s will is that we help others and teach them about Him so they can learn to depend on Him, too.
- The King will answer and say to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.”—Matthew 25:40
(8) I don’t hate my enemies, but rather, I pray for them. I don’t want to become a victim of their mindset, but as well, I want them to find Jesus and be saved.
- I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.—Matthew 5:44-45
(9) I don’t hide what I believe, but rather, I am God’s light here on earth to lead others to Jesus. So I will let my light shine always.
- You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.—Matthew 5:14
(10) I don’t take any glory to myself for who I am or what I have. All the glory goes to the One who saved my soul and made a Home in Heaven for me to be with Him forever.
- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.—1 Timothy 1:17
Those of us who are believers in Christ Jesus are all on that narrow path, but we are all on different steps of it along the way. Praise God we are heading in the right direction—following Jesus and being led by His Spirit! And praise God that if we stay diligent in His word and live according to His will, Jesus will not only live through us, but will reward us for our faithfulness when we see Him face-to-face.
*If this message has blessed you, please share it on all of your media sites so that together we can get the salvation message of Christ out to the lost. And please subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already so that you can get all the new messages delivered directly to your own personal inbox.
Thanks for stopping by and have a really blessed day! … ronnie