We are living in the time that the Old Testament prophets talked about. This world is about to witness the most magnificent event in its history, and that is the return of Jesus! However, as believers in Christ, we won’t see it because we’ll be with Him. That means that He will call us to meet Him in the clouds before that happens, and that time is close at hand. When He calls, will you hear His voice?
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.—1 Thessalonians 4:17
Unfortunately, there are many versions of Christianity in the world today and few people are being taught the truth about Christ. It seems that the Jesus many of the churches preach about is not the same Jesus of the Bible. Their Jesus accepts people just as they are and doesn’t need for them to repent or turn from sin to get into Heaven. How foolish! If God kicked Satan out of Heaven at the onset of his sin, why would He let in millions of people who are filled with sin?
It’s not enough to say we are a Christian; we need to be one! We need to dig into the Scriptures and get to know God. We need to know Jesus on a very personal basis so we can understand that we are sinners in need of a Savior.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.—John 3:16
There are two paths that lead to Christ who sits on the Judgment Seat. One is broad and filled with people who never accepted Jesus as the Son of God, the Messiah who took their sins away, and they have never received forgiveness for their sins. They will be judged for every sin that’s in them, and their sentence will be eternal separation from God; an existence where only evil survives. And this sentence has no end. You do NOT want to be on that path.
But there is a narrow path that leads to life. The people on this path have accepted Jesus as their Messiah, the One who died for their sins, and who rose and lives in Heaven at our Father’s side. They know that Jesus has forgiven their sins and that they’ll live throughout eternity with Him. This is the path that you want to be on!
- Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.—Matthew 7:13-14
You might not know or care who Jesus is now, but you will then because you’ll see Him face-to-face and you will know that He is Jesus the Messiah, the King of all Kings and the Lord of all Lords. You may refuse to bow to Him now, but you will bow to Him then. But….it will be too late to receive His salvation then.
- For it is written, “As I live,” saith the Lord, “Every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. —Romans 14:11-12
The end is coming soon and the time to accept Jesus is almost at an end.
- Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.—2 Corinthians 6:2
Don’t be like the foolish virgins. This parable of the virgins is in reference to two groups of people who claim to be Christians. One of them is very lacking in their knowledge of the truth and of their drive to know it. They aren’t prepared for the return of Christ, and they aren’t helping others find the way to the cross. These people are busy living “life to the fullest” and enjoying what they feel they deserve as “king’s kids”.
The other group studies the Scriptures and spends time in prayer and worship with God. They are looking and waiting for Jesus to come and get them, just as the bride waits for the bridegroom to come.
We need to be ready, waiting and watching, as well. It’s not enough to just be a Christian; we need to know Jesus and know the Scriptures so that the hope of His return will be alive in us. We need to live each day expecting it to be today. Then when Jesus calls us, we will hear His voice and we will come to Him and be with Him forever.
There will be no warning, so don’t think that you’ll get around to knowing Him one day, or that you’ll change your lifestyle or repent of your sins later. There will be no warning! Jesus will call us only once, and either we will hear His voice or we won’t! Will you hear His voice?
- And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.—John 10:16
*If this message has blessed you, please pass it on so that others can be blessed, as well. Let’s work together and share the gospel message while there is yet time. And if you haven’t subscribed to this blog already, please join us today so that you can get each new post directly into your inbox.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! …ronnie