There is only one name in all the world that is worthy of our praise! There is only one name by which we are saved, and that can bring us into the presence of God. It gives us the hope and the strength to live in this world. What a beautiful name it is—the name of Jesus!
Jesus is the Son of God. He was born as a human so that He could become one of us. It’s hard to imagine, but Jesus was alive in Heaven before He came to earth. He was God and became flesh for us. We read in John 10:30 where Jesus says, “I and my father are one.” He tells us in John 14:7 that if we knew Him, we’d know the father. God is Holy and sin cannot live in His presence, so God had to prepare a body that was pure and without sin so that He could come to earth, live amongst us, and die on that cross for us.
- Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, “Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me.”—Hebrews 10:5
Jesus is our Savior. He came down from Heaven for one reason: to become the propitiation for our sins. He died on the cross and took on the punishment that we deserved so that we would not have to stand before God one day and be judged and condemned for the sins in us. In His name we have life.
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.—John 3:16
Jesus is our Lord. There are two kingdoms: the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of light. Since Satan tricked Eve into giving him the lordship over this world when he deceived her in the garden, every child ever born becomes an automatic citizen in his kingdom. But Jesus defeated Satan on the cross and established His kingdom. Now we can cry out to Jesus, and nothing can separate us from Him.
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.—Romans 8:38-39
Jesus is our Healer. Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that’s because He is God. During His earthly ministry, Jesus healed many people from all kinds of sicknesses and diseases, and He even raised people from the dead. God wants us to be healthy. Sickness belongs to darkness; it is an outcome of sin, and when sickness comes at us, in the name of Jesus we, too, can receive our healing.
- I am the Lord that healeth thee.—Exodus 15:26
Jesus is our Redeemer. He is the promised One who came to take back His kingdom. Jesus was faithful and He died on the cross for our sins, took the keys to death and hell, and redeemed His children from the devil. We praise His name for our salvation.
- Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for He hath visited and redeemed His people—Luke 1:68
Jesus has the name above all names. There is no other name given to anyone that has the power to forgive, that provides us with the boldness to come before the throne of God and talk to God, and that allows us to pray and know that He will hear us and answer us.
The devil cringes at the mention of His name because he knows who Jesus is. He knows what Jesus accomplished on the cross, and he knows that Jesus is getting ready to return as King over the whole earth. (He just doesn’t want YOU to know). Romans 14:11 says that every knee will bow to the name of Jesus and that includes the devil and all of his followers. Those who refuse to bow to the name of Jesus now WILL bow one day.
Jesus gave us HIS righteousness! We once were covered in sin, and our righteousness was like filthy rags to God because of that sin. But now we are whole before God. We are forgiven; the sin is gone, and all because of what Jesus did on the cross. He paid for our freedom with His blood, and He is worthy of our praise.
- For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.—1 Corinthians 6:20
When Jesus was getting ready to return to Heaven, He promised that those who loved Him and followed Him would receive the Holy Spirit. So now our body is the temple of God because God’s Spirit lives in us. Jesus made this possible for us.
The name of Jesus is powerful and to be worshipped. Jesus took our sins away; no one else could do that. Jesus died and rose from the dead and promised that we’d also rise; no one else could do that. Jesus returned to Heaven and is preparing a place for us. No one else can do that. And Jesus is our King, and He’s getting ready to return to earth to take His rightful place on the throne. No one else will ever do that.
- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.—Philippians 2:9-11
What a beautiful name it is, the name of Jesus our Messiah and our King!
*If this message has been a blessing to you, please share it so others can be blessed, as well. And if you’re not already subscribed to this blog, please join us now so you can receive all future posts directly into your inbox.
Thanks for stopping by! And remember to smile, because God loves you!