The new age “Christianity” says that God is all about love, that He doesn’t hate anyone or anything and that when Jesus died on the cross we were all saved at that time. This is a lie! The Bible clearly states that we need to repent to receive salvation AND that there are seven things God hates. But we need to read the Bible to find out what they are.
- These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: a proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brethren.—Proverbs 6:16-19
- A proud look: pride is the opposite of humility. We are all sinners saved by the grace of God—Ephesians 2:8-9—and we should be eternally thankful and humbled that God did not strike us dead when we were yet in sin. Instead, He provided salvation for us when He gave His own son to die on that cross for our sins so we wouldn’t have to die. It was pride that caused the human race to fall in the first place—pride beguiled Adam into thinking that he could be as smart as God if he ate the forbidden fruit. And this same pride today says we can do it ourselves; we don’t need a Savior. And this is why God hates pride.
- A lying tongue: the Bible says in John 8:44 that Satan is the father of lies, so if we lie, then we are following him and not God who told us in Exodus 20:16 that we are not to lie. Most of us avoid blatant lies, but millions are being tricked by deception—also lies. Many follow false gospels that offer only love, prosperity, power and freedom of lifestyle, and that proclaim we don’t need to change to be accepted by Him. God hates lies because they keep people from knowing the truth about Him.
- Hands that shed innocent blood: in other words, murderers. Our world has changed the commandment in Exodus 20:13 that says we are not to murder, to one that says it’s acceptable and totally legal to murder unborn babies. And their cries reach up to God in Heaven and He hates this despicable evil that people do to His innocent children. He hates that people are so obsessed with their own lustful desires in life that they have total disregard for the life of someone else, to the point that they feel justified in killing a child.
- A heart that devises wicked imaginations: there is no limit to what Hollywood will produce just to appease the imaginations of ungodly people. Everything that belongs in hell with the devil is being glorified on the big screen and people are flocking by the millions to get their adrenalin rush. God hates that people’s hearts are filled with evil and crave for this sin. He tells us in Philippians 4:8 to think on good things and He hates that people would rather engage their minds and hearts in evil than in the things of God that will bring eternal life.
- Feet that be swift in running to mischief: people are only too eager to go where they can spread gossip. They love to talk negatively about others because they think it makes them look good; unfortunately, what they are doing is showing hatred, not love, towards others when they spread lies. We learn in Proverbs 18:8 that we need to stay away from gossipers. God hates it when we raise ourselves up to judge and condemn others with our lips instead of sharing the gospel with them to get them saved. Romans 3:23 says we have all sinned and so none of us should talk badly about anyone else.
- A false witness that speaks lies: God tells us in Exodus 20:16 that we are not to tell lies, and that includes preaching lies! Yet, many people have itching ears—2 Timothy 4:3—and because they want to hear a gospel that suits their own desires, false preachers are able to captivate them into their false doctrines. They preach that God’s purpose is to love and bless us and that we don’t need to repent to be saved. They preach that being gay is acceptable in His sight when God actually says that it’s an abomination to Him—Leviticus 18:22. And God hates that these people who He sent His Son to save would rather follow a false gospel to suit their lusts than to know the truth and follow Him. God hates that so many people will go to hell because of their unforgiven sin.
- He that sows discord among brethren: the people who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and who follow God and study the Bible are people of every race in this world. And even though we practice different customs and traditions, we all have one thing in common and that is that we all belong to Jesus! And so as brethren, we need to obey what God says in Colossians 3:16 and pray, support, and minister to each other instead of seeking out those who we can judge and publicly condemn. God hates that some of His own children love to talk badly about others. He has called us to be “one” family—”one” church—and He emphasizes in Mark 3:25 that a house divided against itself will fall. God hates it when His children prefer to follow the ways of the devil rather than His ways because it divides His people.
So, while God’s desire for us is to love others as He loves us, He also expects us to hate the things He hates. He tells us in Proverbs 8:13 to hate evil. We don’t compromise the truth to blend in with today’s “church”. We follow Jesus, study the Bible and obey it, pray for our needs and for the needs of others, and give glory to God in all we say and do! The world is filled with sin and it’s heading speedily towards judgment. Why? Because God hates sin as it separates us from Him. He hates it so much that He sent Jesus to die on the cross as atonement for our sins so we would be free of sin and live with Him forever!
We hate sin because God hates sin, but we still love the sinners just as God loves them and died for them. We do all we can do through God’s love in us to lead them into salvation, and we study the Bible fervently so we can know His will and His love for us.
- Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.—Galatians 5:1
*If this blog post has been a blessing to you, please share it with others so they can also be blessed. And please subscribe to this blog if you’re not already so that you can receive every new message directly into your inbox. Thank you and have a blessed day!