The season of Thanksgiving is a cherished day. We prepare our delicious feasts and wait for family and friends to arrive and share in the joy of it all! It’s a special day for a reason—we are thankful! And we want to celebrate our blessings! We want to give Jesus our thanks!
As we gather around the dinner table and take turns listing all the things we’re thankful for, the top of our list should be Jesus! We have so much to thank Him for that it really can’t be done in one day. Thanking Him will take a lifetime!
Jesus is our Savior: He gave His life in exchange for ours. He took upon Himself all of our sin and He provided a pardon that we did not deserve. Through His death, He gave us life! And all we have to do is realize it, accept it and believe it!
- For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.—John 3:16-17
Jesus is the Resurrection: He died on the cross, but He rose on the third day and returned home to our Heavenly Father. Jesus was the first to rise, but He made it possible for us who love Him to rise to Heaven when we die, as well. We are no longer condemned to hell for our sins; we have a home in Heaven!
- I am the resurrection and the life: he that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.—John 11:25-26
Jesus is our Lord: He took back the world that sin had corrupted and through Hs death He was established as Lord over the whole earth. When we know Jesus personally and serve Him with a willing heart, then we can come to Him and He not only hears us, but He answers us because He is able.
- As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.—Colossians 2:6-7
Jesus is our King: He is our Messiah, the one who was and is and is to come. He rose from the grave and conquered death and hell and nothing can stop Him. He is about to return and rule as King and the whole world will serve only one God. Every eye will see Him. We will all know that He is King!
- Pilate said unto Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”—John 18:37 NKJV
Jesus is our Friend: He is always there for us and never leaves us. He hears our prayers, and He stays with us through the good times and the bad. He doesn’t condemn us or ridicule us when we do foolish things or do something we shouldn’t. He forgives us when we ask Him and His love for us never changes.
- A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.—Proverbs 18:24 NKJV
Jesus is our Teacher: Through His Spirit who lives in us, Jesus teaches us all things. The Bible becomes life to us and not just words. He grants us wisdom and He gives us strength. He chastises us when we need it and blesses us when He chooses.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.—Psalm 32:8
Jesus is our Rock: He gives us a place to hide when the world comes against us. He comforts us when our hearts are broken and He encourages us when we feel defeated. Jesus gives us a place of safety where we can close the world out and be safe in His arms.
- The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.—Psalm 18:2
Jesus is our Warrior: He fights our battles for us when we give them to Him. He makes ways where there are no ways and He makes things right that we can’t do ourselves. He leads us into battle, but He fights it for us because He knows all things and has already given us the victory through the cross.
- The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.—Exodus 14:14
Jesus is our Healer: He took away all sickness when He died on the cross. When we accept His salvation and are forgiven for our sins, then we are also healed. Sickness is part of the curse and Jesus broke that curse. All we have to do is know that truth and accept it.
- If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.—Exodus 15:26
We have so much to thank Jesus for that it would take a lifetime to put a dent in everything that He has done for us and given to us. So we dedicate today to Jesus as a day of Thanksgiving! Today we will celebrate the life that He has given to us! Praise the name of Jesus forever!
- Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.—2 Samuel 22:50
*If this message has been a blessing to you, please share it with others so they can be blessed and Jesus can be praised. And don’t forget to subscribe to this blog so that you can receive every message directly into your inbox. Meanwhile, have a great day!