There has never been a time in history when the entire earth has been rocked the way it is today. There have always been wars in the Middle East and diverse earthquakes and famines throughout time, but now they are affecting us world-wide and it seems that even the strongest of countries are being threatened like never before. Laws are being passed that totally defy God’s laws and take us deep into the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah. The times are dangerous; the times are foreboding. These are signs that clearly show us our King is coming soon!
There is no place on earth to hide anymore because no matter where we go, there are troubles waiting for us there. The entire earth is going through turmoil, just as a woman goes through labor pains. And what we’re feeling are birth pains; pains that are necessary to bring forth something wonderful. We are living in a time of great sorrows, but there are great things waiting for us when it’s over, and so we shouldn’t panic over these things because Jesus is coming back to make it all right.
- And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.—Luke 21:28
The younger generation today was born into this time when the sorrows had already begun. They don’t know any other way besides the way the world is now so they don’t see the need for change. They don’t see the shocking differences that the older people do who look back fifty or sixty years and see just how drastic the changes really are—how far the people of the world have fallen from God. This younger generation needs a lot of prayer to realize that this world is not the norm for God.
In almost every facet of life there is rebellion. People don’t want to do things the old way anymore—and that includes Christianity. False doctrines are overwhelming the people with the promises that life is good and will get better, and that God wants to bless His church abundantly in this last hour. They read the scriptures with their own understanding and truly believe that God has found favor with them alone and that they won’t have to go through any tribulations because they are God’s chosen people. Deception! They need to read the Bible and see how God delivered His children in the Old Testament—they were passed over by the angel of death because they were covered in the blood. God doesn’t change and He’ll do the same for us and protect us from the sorrows to come upon this earth.
- Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.—Matthew 24:29-31
God’s chosen people are not the religious ones walking around claiming prosperity and showing off their wealth. They are not the ones deceiving others with their loud mega churches and seemingly unique healing powers. The Bible is very clear who God’s chosen people are, and they are the seed of Abraham, the Jewish people who love Him AND the gentiles who are grafted into the family through the blood of Jesus.
- O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.—Psalm 105:6
- O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.—1 Chronicles 16:13
- But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.—1 Peter 2:9
Jesus died for everyone and He made a provision whereby anyone can come to Him, repent of their sins, accept Him as Savior and be born again with God’s Spirit; they shall be saved from the wrath to come because they have the kingdom of God in them—Romans 10:9. What a privilege we have been given! And those who receive the salvation of Christ and have been grafted into God’s family are now His chosen people. He loves each of us equally—Jew and Gentile—because we have been saved by the blood of Jesus.
As part of the elect family of God, we have a purpose to fulfill while we are yet here on earth, and that is to preach the gospel and get others to follow Jesus. And these others include the Jewish people who serve God and wait for the Messiah to come because they haven’t realized yet that Jesus was the Messiah. So our commission is to pray for the salvation of the Jewish nation and to be a witness to all those around us who don’t know Jesus.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.—Psalm 122:6
- And He said unto them, ‘Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature’.—Mark 16:15
The signs of the times are clear. Jesus warned us what to expect in these last days before He returns as king, and this warning has been recorded in the entire chapter of Matthew 24. We are living in that time that He described. The gospel is being preached around the globe and the harvest is white, ready to be picked. God tells us to pray for laborers to pick that harvest; to preach the gospel and love the people because many are ready to repent and accept Jesus. We are the salt of the earth and salt makes people thirsty, so we need to lead them to the living water—we need to lead them to Jesus.
Our King is getting ready to return. The first time He came as a baby and lived as a humble man because He was the Lamb of God who would die for our sins. But this next time He will return as King to rule over all the earth, over all those who accept His sacrifice. When He returned to Heaven after He’d paid our debt, the disciples saw Him rise into the clouds with His angels, and we will see Him descend from the clouds when He comes back.
- And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, ‘Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven’.—Acts 1:9-11
Our King is coming soon! Whether you believe it or not does not change the fact that He IS coming! We who know Him will be with Him for ever more, but those who have not accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior will face Him as Judge because He will judge the world of their sins according to the laws that He gave to Moses way back in Exodus 20.
Our King is coming! We don’t know the day or the hour, but we do know the signs that He’s given us to watch out for, and we do know that scripture says He’s coming again! And with all the pain and sorrows that continue to grow in this world, we can only hope that He comes soon!
Even so, come, Lord Jesus.—Revelations 22:20
* If this message has blessed you, please feel free to share it with others and click the “like” button. And if you want to get all future messages delivered directly to your inbox, please subscribe to this blog. Meanwhile, have a great day!
*images by: thetonechurchng.org, karin.tarotguiderna.se, www.slideshare.net, arguingwithGod.jpg