Too often, the true gospel of Jesus is hidden behind the deception of false doctrines and idealistic theologies that are leading people by the millions along the broad path to destruction. God has called us to preach the gospel so people can know of His amazing love for us and of the salvation He’s provided for all of us. It’s His will that we escape the coming judgment and live with Him throughout eternity. But it all begins with faith; and it’s time to get hungry for His scriptures learn the truth about faith.
The new world religion doesn’t want us to know the truth; and much of it wants us to believe that our faith in God is primarily for our own personal gain. The message of faith today has been grossly distorted and has earned the refuted reputation of being a deceptive religious plot that teaches a false doctrine of how to use faith and God’s name to get rich and famous. Millions of people have fallen into the Word of Faith movement that promotes self-gain and self-worth above the glory of God. It teaches lies and denies the truth of the real gospel of Jesus as its followers become mesmerized with its false message of riches instead of the true message of salvation.
I have written a book called, Let Faith Arise, so that people can learn what faith really is, why we have it and need it, and how to keep it strong. It will inspire you to have faith in God; not so you can get rich, but so that you can know Him, love Him and serve Him with your whole being.
- But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.—Ephesians 2:4-9
Faith begins as a tiny seed—a gift that the Lord gives to each of us when we first learn about Him. This gift is the hope we need to believe that God is real, and it’s this seed that will grow into a flourishing life with the Lord if we plant it. This faith seed convicts us into repentance and allows us to realize that Jesus has taken away our sin, and if we accept it and plant it into our heart, He will wash us clean and fill us with His Holy Spirit. Faith is the ONLY spiritual connection between us and God and it brings us into His Holy presence.
The people of the world don’t know God, nor can they know Him or even have a hope of eternity in Heaven with Him unless they first get the faith to believe in Him.
- And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.—Hebrews 11:5-7
- The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.—Romans 10:8-10
Unfortunately, many receive the gift of faith when they face the truth, but lose it because they get lured into false doctrines and miss the salvation that was given to them. They blindly follow a false preacher who promises to meet their personal desires instead of teaching the gospel of Christ to them.
- Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.—Matthew 7:14
While faith begins as a seed and grows as we study the scriptures and learn about God, false doctrines encourage people to stay in their comfort zone, not change a thing and just enjoy the blessings of a loving God. They believe that Jesus loves them just as they are, without change or repentance, and that everyone goes to Heaven when they die. So, they don’t seek after God or study the scriptures, and this deception makes them an easy target for the devil who keeps the blinders on them and the truth hidden from them.
- Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.—2 Timothy 2:15
Christians are susceptible to most of the same trials and tribulations of this world simply because we live in this world. Yet, we have the ability through Christ to overcome them all if we would just believe it. The medical, political and social worlds convince many Christians that they are in charge of their lives and that “the old Christian beliefs” no longer apply in today’s world. How wrong they are! God has never changed!
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.—Hebrews 13:8
As our faith grows we become more like Jesus. We begin to understand the Bible, why God did the things He did in the Old Testament, why Jesus’ coming to earth was so important to God, and what He expects from us. The focus of a victorious life for ourselves begins to fall away as we seek to walk with His passion and with His concern to save the lost. We begin to fulfill the commission that He gave us as we preach the gospel, pray for the sick and bring as many into the kingdom as possible. And we do it all through faith.
During a dark hour in my own life, I studied the Bible diligently and sought after the Lord, and He gave me scriptures and messages that I clung to and believed with all of my heart. My faith in Him grew stronger every day and He delivered me from my sorrows. I collected all of these encouraging words, and together with other inspired messages, I formatted them into a book called, Let Faith Arise. And now I have written a second edition to this book that I want to share you with you so you can know what faith is and how to enjoy a full life as a Christian. I want you to know who God is and who you are in Christ so that you can be the disciples He has called you to be.
- Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.—Matthew 9:37-38
*If this message has blessed you, please click the “like” button, and also please subscribe to this blog so that you can receive all the messages directly into your inbox. And help me to SHARE the gospel with others by sharing this post. Thank you, and God bless!