There are many contentious issues debated in our world today that seem to divide even the Christians. Many believers will voice their opinion in secret or amongst themselves, but they won’t take a public stand for what is right. They don’t realize that they are part of the problem when they just let things happen and say it’s the way of the world. This attitude does nothing but contribute to the sorrow of the problems.
We are living in the last days before Christ’s return and our King is soon going to be here! We cannot sit back and just wait for Him to arrive and let the world continue to destroy the people in it. We need to prepare them for this great event and that means telling them about Christ so they can turn from the sins of this world and know Him. We need to stop being the quiet Christian who doesn’t want to stir the waters and become the Christian warrior that Jesus has called us to be, and then we need to get out there and point the people to God. It means that we need to refute the sins of the world and promote the ways of God, His law, His truth, and His judgment.
- When I say unto the wicked, ‘Thou shalt surely die’; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.—Ezekiel 3:18-19
In some ways, Christians are responsible for some of the sins that our excelling in the world today. They didn’t speak up when the issues were proposed by the world and they sat back and just let them happen. Many were disgusted and declared it to be wrong amongst themselves, but few people took a public stand and said, “NO! We won’t allow this.” The perfect example is the issue of abortion. If Christians had fought for the unborn child way back when it was first brought up, it might not have even succeeded as a means to an end for the unfortunate girl who got herself pregnant out-of-wedlock. It just may have continued to be considered murder! But, Christians stayed silent and just let the world have its way.
Today we have several groups of pro-lifers who want to change the earthly laws and this is good because they are letting us know that it’s wrong. Unfortunately, the time to make the greatest impact to stop it has passed and the world no longer looks at abortion as killing an innocent unborn baby; it looks at it as removing an unwanted fetus. And so, we have an epidemic of babies being murdered every day.
- Thou shalt not kill.—Exodus 20:13
We never fought hard enough when the world wanted to remove God from our public schools, and now we have more fear and violence against our children than we ever imagined possible. The students are learning the way of the world and are being taught to accept immorality and religion apart from God as a way of life. God has been removed. Now many believers want to change the law to allow God back in—but it’s too late. The world spoke louder than the Christians and now it’s been made law. Christians missed their opportunity to speak up and fight.
- Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.—Psalm 59:1
Many people don’t raise their children to know God and so they have no true benchmark to guide their children. Discipline seems to be outdated as the new teaching is to let the child experience life and let them decide what is right and what is wrong. The children have been submitted to the world, and so now they are exposed only to the worldly teachers and to the social environment. God and His laws are not being taught, and even though they still rule and are still in effect in this world, many kids have no idea that God even exists or that one day He will judge them.
- Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.—Proverbs 22:6
Christians need to stand up and speak the truth even if it hurts! We need to follow the examples of Godly preachers like Billy and Franklin Graham and speak out on God’s behalf! We will be persecuted when we do this, but isn’t it worth it? Isn’t standing for the truth worth the glory that it brings to God? Isn’t standing for what is right to save lives worth the effort? Shouldn’t we defend the innocent and the young against the evil that controls this world and teach them about God who can save them?
- For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!—1 Corinthians 9:16
It’s not enough to just say that we are a Christian; we need to live like one. Jesus tells us in Mark 8:34 to take up our cross and follow Him. He tells us in Mark 16:15 to preach the gospel and in Matthew 10:8 He tells us to help those in need and care for the poor and the sick. He doesn’t say to sit in the comfort of our home and just comment on these issues; He tells us to get involved.
If we can’t get out on the front lines to minister to people physically, then we financially support those who can. And we pray that God’s will be done on earth; that souls would be saved, and we pray for labourers to get out there and speak. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem, that the Jewish people would come to know Jesus as their King so they can be ready for Him when He comes.
- Then saith he unto his disciples, ‘The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest’.—Matthew 9:37-38
God tells us to occupy until He comes and that doesn’t mean to just enjoy our life with all of its blessings; it also means to be busy working in His ministry in whatever capacity we can. We are to occupy a place in His ministry while there is still time.
A Christian who does nothing has no power and does not reflect God’s love in their lives. But a Christian who speaks for Christ and for the things of God has great power through the Holy Spirit in them to influence others and to show them the way to God. We will all face Him one day, and how joyful that will be when we see how pleased He is with us for obeying Him and standing for His truth.
- Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’—Matthew 25:34-40
*If this message blessed you, please subscribe to this blog so you can receive every new post directly into your personal inbox. And please feel free to share this blog with others.